Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to stop publisher for Qlikview update

Hi all,

I'm looking for a possibility to stop publisher without stop the current reloads.

I need this to update the publishers.

I gave the pause function a try, but it' looks like "pause" does not do what is says. I expect that publisher will not start new reloads but finish the already running ones. Does some body use pause ? and if yes for what. Is there a other way to stop publisher.

Thanks

Regards

Michael

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

To stop Publisher start any new Reload you can stop the service, that's also needed to update the Publisher and we recommend to do this before starting the update and not let the install do it.

I think you mean the Supporting Task Pause, this is used to build a Task Chain with a Pause between two tasks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Danial,

thanks, I do so (stopping services before update ) but there is no time where not task is running (5000 tasks a day by 69s task- duration avg.) at our system.

And just stopping the Services will potentially damage our  QVD / QVW.

Well, now I'm understanding the pause ;o)

Regards

Michael

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Stopping service will not damage your QVD/QVW.

I think this is the safest approach specially in you setup.

Stop all QlikView services and upgrade to latest version.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

With so many Tasks you maybe can identify a couple of Tasks at a defined time and disable them. When no Tasks are running stopping the service and after the update just enable the Tasks again. In this scenario you will just have some not updated QVWs / QVDs