Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

Newly created folder not visible under source documents in Azure QMC?

We are creating the similar qlik tasks in the Microsoft Azure QMC by comparing with local dev QMC..

As a part of this we have added a new min folder in the Azure source documents folder in the server and expecting the same to be present in the Azure QMC under source documents as well.. 

But surprisingly that mini folder is not visible at all in the QMC.. 

Please help me am a missing any setup here.. 

Thanks much in advance... 

4 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

I assume that with mini folder you mean having added a subfolder to the existing Source Documents folder?

In this example, I created a new folder called "Test" in 'C:\programdata\qliktech\sourcedocuments', which is my default source docs folder. 

After a little delay during which the service needs to scan for the folder (or you can just restart the Distribution Service), it should then show up.

If the folder does not display afterwards, like it does here:

source test.png

... then there is a good chance that the permissions are incorrect and the service account running the Distribution Service doesn't have access to it.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks For the Quick reply on this,

I tried after restarting the QDS as well, still the subfolders are not visible in the QMC under Source documents... How to check on the permissions and access to distribution service.
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

You can check the permissions directly in Windows. Right click on the folder > Properties > Security tab > and then check if you can see the account in there. Or click Advanced in the same tab, click Effective Access, Select a User, and check through that. If you need more instructions for this, you can find those online, for example here.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just a side note to Sonja's post, the other piece of the security may be related to network share permissions, which are NOT picked up by Windows Effective Permissions, that is only checking the NTFS rights, you have to check the network share permissions separately and manually determine the most restrictive permissions of the two and that is what applies to things.  Hope this helps future browsers.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.