cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III

One user in an AD Role cannot access a QVW document

I created two AD roles, A QV - KPA - RESOURCES role to encapsulate other AD Roles and a QV - KPA - Users role for one offs. I have the Users roles as a child of the RESOURCES and all of the users but one can get to the report.

To publish the report I went to Documents>Source Documents > Select KPA task. Then on Distribute > Manually > Distribute to folder I have my path set to: D:\QlikView\Core\_Publish

I chose Named users as the User type and added My Teams AD role and the QV - KPA - Resources role.

But for some odd reason one user cannot see the report. He only see the default Golf Quest, Movies... This is all new to me and we just started implementing QV about a month ago.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you sure this single user is really a member of the cascading groups?

To check whether QlikView will grant access in any way to this document, open QMC->Users, enter the AD account in the "Search for users" bar (use wildcards to match all possible accounts) and click the magnifying icon to the right. When AD comes up with the correct account identifier, select it and check the CALs, Documents and Distributions tabs. They should contain enough authorizations or your user will have a problem with one or more documents.

BTW you can also check on correct group membership for this user in the Groups tab.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you sure this single user is really a member of the cascading groups?

To check whether QlikView will grant access in any way to this document, open QMC->Users, enter the AD account in the "Search for users" bar (use wildcards to match all possible accounts) and click the magnifying icon to the right. When AD comes up with the correct account identifier, select it and check the CALs, Documents and Distributions tabs. They should contain enough authorizations or your user will have a problem with one or more documents.

BTW you can also check on correct group membership for this user in the Groups tab.

Best,

Peter

paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It appears I need to restart the QlikView directory service to get it to refresh accounts after I make the AD Roles.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you sure this is Active Directory? AD has immediate group membership, although propagation of changes may take a few minutes when travelling complex forests.

Your situation sounds more like a local groups setup on the QlikView server machine where you need to logout to become a member of a newly created group. But that's a local domain, not AD...

Peter

paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It is AD, we do not use any other form of security. After the restart of the service, the user came through. Perhaps our forest is complex.