Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PDF Publisher: Could not print report. ErrorCode=TIME_OUT_ERROR

We want to distribute PDF report to people. We have Qlikview PDF Publisher license also. We have clustered environment. We have 3 servers, 2 servers have qlikview servers, clustered and 3rd server have qlikview publisher.

When assigning task from main live qlikview server of take PDF and distribute (email) it to people, it starts and after some time it stops and give time out error, "Could not print report. ErrorCode=TIME_OUT_ERROR". My email client is working fine.

Now I have another server, which is development server,  when assigning task from that qlikview server it runs and completed successfully. we have issue that we want the task to perform from our main live qlikview server.

Kindly help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You need to make sure your temp folder is on a share so both QVS and get to it. See below.

1.png
Also, need to make sure that the service Print Spooler is enabled. If this was disable when Qlik was installed, the PDF Xchange will not work and you have to uninstall it and install it again.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

could you post the full Error message please?. You also should check the log file of the pdf distribution task.

I got this error message in the past when one of the recipients had no document to attach.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have attached the log file, you can view the error there.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Can you get other reports to print? If so the below might help you.

To increase the PDF Printer timeout, do the following

• Locate the file settings.ini found in

Windows 2008 - C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch
           Windows 2003 - C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch

• Add the setting PDFPrintTimeoutInSeconds in the [Settings 7] section

[Settings 7]
           PDFPrintTimeoutInSeconds= 120

• Save settings.ini and restart QlikView Distribution Service

The 120 value is a starting point, you may have to play with the setting some to find the value for you. Remember if you change the value you will have to restart the Distribution service.

If no report will print let me know and we can discuss possible issue that can cause that.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I cannot print any report at the moment.

I have increased PDF Printer time out to 200 already in settings.ini but it does no effect on it. I have also increased the task timeout to 100 but still the same error. I think its a issue of cluster environment and PDF Publisher is unable to deal with clustered environment.

Thanks for suggestions.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You need to make sure your temp folder is on a share so both QVS and get to it. See below.

1.png
Also, need to make sure that the service Print Spooler is enabled. If this was disable when Qlik was installed, the PDF Xchange will not work and you have to uninstall it and install it again.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I got the same error message when the Data was too big for generating in the report. Maybe it's possible to use the reduce function in QMC, so that only the Data that is relevant for the report stay in the QVW.

Torsten

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

my temp folder is already on a share.

i have to see that print spooler service is on or not, ill look in to it tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Torsten,

I have already reduced the data to region and month so its very small report now.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Print spool service was on. I uninstall pdf xchange and install it again and it worked. Thanks