Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performance when the server is in another country..

Hi,

We have a Qlikview document that runs in our server here and everything is fast when we access is but when our counter part who runs within our company's network also access the document its slow in terms of printing a report.

Can anyone help me on what could be the problem why the people from the other country is having a slow response time when printing a report compared to us?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Wilnard,

the exciting question is which part of your technology is the slowest. This will force the best (slowest) performance. Even being in the same network the data will have to pass dozens of hardware-boxes and software-hurdles. I remember a switch as the only interface between two huge subnetworks (in the same cpompany) slowing down network traffic because it rebooted every 60 secs. With software-hurdles I mean the firewalls, personell and on Servers. Or all the security software. Do you know how often your report-file may be virus-checked on its way to the foreign printer? And the printer, is it capable to deal with your huge data-file?

Hope I could give you some hints (ideas),

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi Roland,

I'm not on the IT side of our company so i really cant answer some of these question. One more thing is that we actually dont print it on paper rather we print it using dopdf, same version is being used in both here and the foreign country. The file is approximately 464KB in size, i dont think that is big at all.

The foreign country says that when they access the document and like select some stuffs, open some charts, everything is normally good, but when they try to generate the report thats the time it slows down like it takes them 20min of waiting time before the printing option comes out while in our country where the server resides, it takes us only around 1 - 2 mins waiting time before the printing option comes out.

I wish someone could help me.

Regards,