cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Possible reasons for server reload failure

Hi,

I'm trying to reload a Document on a Server but fail to. Here's the log:

<Root TaskID="1aa7c869-545c-68b0-2377-410a8b113397" OwnedByClusterID="1" RunID="5f0b546c-ff36-48c9-b93a-ebf203c03824" TaskManuallyAborted="False" TaskException=" " PreviousRunHadErrors="True" InternalError="True" LastExecution="8/9/2011 9:19:36 AM" StartedAt="8/9/2011 9:19:36 AM" FinishedAt="8/9/2011 9:19:36 AM" MaxRunTime="1.00:00:00" StartCount="10" HasWarnings="False" Status="Finished">

- <LogFinalEntries>

<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="8/9/2011 9:19:36 AM" Text="Document open call failed. The document might require username and password." />

<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="8/9/2011 9:19:36 AM" Text="The document failed to open." />

<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="8/9/2011 9:19:36 AM" Text="Document could not be opened" />

<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="8/9/2011 9:19:36 AM" Text="Reload failed because the document could not be opened successfully. DocumentState=CouldNotOpenDocument" />

<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="8/9/2011 9:19:36 AM" Text="The task ""Reload Now" of iir_v2.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=4" />

</LogFinalEntries>

</Root>

The following key information should suffice to describe the setup:

Server :

• QV9, SR7
  • The user that runs the QV Services is local admin on the server

Document :

• Section Access + Restrictive Mode enabled. The user running QVS is loaded as Admin into the Access Section.
  • User that runs QVS has permission to read, write, modify, execute the qvw File

What have I tried / tested so far?

• Document : Opened the Document in the QVDesktop and reloaded it. works.
  • Server : Changed the Document Settings to use a username and password for reload (using the credentials that ran the QVDesktop to ensure it should work)
  • Server : On my testserver (server version and user are the same) it works

Can anyone give me a hint what else I could try?`

Cheers & TIA

Seb

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you comment the section access and reload the document, then sure your document will not have anything, not even section access, but if you just delete the script and the sheet with object, then also your application will have data. Data will be erased only when you reload with nothing.

See if you have Section access in your document and you just have user access then it depends on the configuration done by Admin. Meaning your admin might have done setting to not to allow user to reload the document. in this case you will not be able to reload the document even on the desktop environment.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki     

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

As log says, it is unable to open the document.

The reason is you have section access, so you need to specify the Admin username and password in reload tab.

I dont know where that setting resides in QS 9.

But in QV10 its in reload tab.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

@Kaushik : In order to check this, I turned off restrictive mode and commented out the section access part without any changes...

Here's some more detail :

• The document data has been cleared, so it is completely empty before deployed on to the server. Does this remove the role definitions as described in section access as well?
  • If I have the QVDS run under my account, I can reload the document. This coheres with the fact that I can reload the document in the desktop environment.
  • After once having reloaded using my account (via Desktop or DS), even the service set up to run as the tech user id can reload. So, basically I need to reload the application once using my credentials. To me this does sound like an issue with section access (having locked out the tech user), but how could it? The section access definition is rather simple:

LOAD  if(UPPER(USERNAME) = 'TECHUSER','ADMIN',

if(UPPER(USERNAME) = 'MYUSER','ADMIN',

'USER')) as ACCESS,

UPPER(USERNAME) as NTNAME

SQL SELECT *

FROM USERS

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you comment the section access and reload the document, then sure your document will not have anything, not even section access, but if you just delete the script and the sheet with object, then also your application will have data. Data will be erased only when you reload with nothing.

See if you have Section access in your document and you just have user access then it depends on the configuration done by Admin. Meaning your admin might have done setting to not to allow user to reload the document. in this case you will not be able to reload the document even on the desktop environment.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki     

Not applicable
Author

So, maybe I have a little problem understanding the concept of section access.

If I reload my data, my section access information will be loaded as well.

If I truncate my data (using the option that removes all data) will my access information be discarded as well? Or does that happen only when you reload?

Not applicable
Author

@Kaushik: you were right, I was plainly locked out.

As mentioned above, I load section access like so :

LOAD  if(UPPER(USERNAME) = 'TECHUSER','ADMIN',

if(UPPER(USERNAME) = 'MYUSER','ADMIN',

'USER')) as ACCESS,

UPPER(USERNAME) as NTNAME

SQL SELECT *

FROM USERS

I have just checked the Users table, and the user wasn't in there. So, section access works as intended...

suniljain
Master
Master

one possible reason is if your qlikview server disconnecting from network in that situation you reload fails.