Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems setting up QlikView Publisher

I am having trouble setting up QlikView Publisher on our systems. We have separate servers for the QlikView publisher, web server and QlikView server. We have separate file systems for the source documents and the user documents. I am able to create a publisher task but the task is failing. Attached is the log.

The initial log messages suggest that the source folder location is accessible but then later in the log it states that is it unable to load the source file. I have tried from our sourcedocs fileshare (\\kt101\yqv01\P3\UAT\SourceDocs\P3Internal\P3_Internal_BIO_(Anon).qvw) and also from the c: drive (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\SourceDocuments\P3_Internal_BIO_(Anon)_c_drive_test.qvw) as source folder but neither are working.

My questions therefore are:

1) Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

2) What traffic exchanges happen between the different services when a file is published?

3) Which ports are used?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Robin,

Does the document has section access applied to it?

Can you post the document log?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Robin,

Does the document has section access applied to it?

Can you post the document log?

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your speedy response.

No section access was applied to the document. What is the path of the folder where the document log is created?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If it is enable it should be in the folder where you found the Distribtion log. Check the document and make you you have it enabled under Settings>Document properties> general tab.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I have enabled the document log and rerun. The document log that was created showed me that the issue was a missing ODBC connection that was required to pull in the source data. Once I added in the ODBC connection I was able to publish the document succesfully so this is not resolved. Thanks for your advice.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Robin,

That is great news.

Bill