Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publish reducing only not creating several files

Hi,

Is it possible to reduce a document with publisher but without generating several documents?

I mean, I have a field to do the reducing, but I prefer to publish one document instead of several, that way I don't need to manage users in the management console and I have only 1 doc copied to the server.

Thanks in advance

11 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

it is called simple reduce. based on one value of a field. hope this is what you mean

Capture1.PNG

Not applicable
Author

True, sorry, I forget to add that I'd like to do it without selecting the values. For the simple reduce you need to select the field and field values. Is there any way to do it for all values dynamically?

Thanks

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I don't quite follow. If you select all values, it is like reducing it for all except the null ones I guess. Could you please elaborate?

Not applicable
Author

Yes.

What I want is to reduce for all values in that field, but this doesn't mean it's the whole document data due to there are null values as well. Imagine the doc contains info for several customers, and I want to reduce it only for the ones I specify on the field. I only was able to loop and reduce getting several filtered docs but not reduce only in 1 doc.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

ioannis giakoumakis gave the correct answer to your question.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

No he did not, because it is mandatory to select values in order to have the reduce, so basically when new values are added then I need to change the task and select them.

My question is if it is possible to reduce without selecting the values as in the loop and reduce but without generating several files.

Thanks

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Simple reduce would not loop to create multiple documents. However, you have to select your desired field values. Alternatively may be, you can try like:

Select the desired values in the field and create a Bookmark. Then use publisher to reduce by bookmark.

Not applicable
Author

Could not understand your requirement.

If you don't want NULL values or you have a logic to get the field values for which the file should contain data. Do that in your data model scripting (Where conditions or Joins).

Regards,

KKR

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

@Tresesco But then you are still selecting values and the bookmark will save those values, but not the new ones.

@Kranthikumar M Those values are added using an excel file, but this is not important.

I'll try to reformulate my question. Is there any way to get one document published and filtered by values coming from a field WITHOUT the need of selecting them previously, only adding them into an excel file and without doing a binary load from another document? Does publisher have this possibility?

Many Thanks