Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
eike_soecker
New Contributor III

Publisher Distribution - Slow without Selections

Hello i want to share a strange behavior which i observed. After changing an application the distribution time was much longer than before(no Reduce involved). From about 2 hours to 3. So i tried to figure out what takes so long, but couldn't find anything. Reload Time was only about 45~50min. Filesize  ~6GB. With that filesize opening the document could take some time i thought. If no selections are made a lot of calculations could slow down the loading/opening process. I understand it for the desktop version. I opened the document without data(otherwise i had to wait 3hours), made a reload and after that some selections to reduce relevant data. Saved the file, opening time no about 30min. After that i took the same document and distributed it via the publisher - duration now ~30min. The document has a trigger to make another selection when opening the document. So i don't have to worry about selections i have made before saving.

Could anyone explain this behavior from the publisher? Thanks.

Community Browser