Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shayraber
Creator
Creator

Publisher Email distribution limitations

hi all,

I'm using a QV server and publisher (version 11 SR2).

up untill now i used the distribution functionality to publish documents to folders (and with/without Email notifycation).

now, I'm trying to distribute reloaded documents to users in the network via Email.

if it is a very small document - everything is OK,

BUT if I'm trying to reload and distribute a larger document (~8.5MB) the task reloads the model but NOT sending it via Email and end up with warning because of it.

any idea why?

please assist.

Shay

19 Replies
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Accept the mail server bigger attachment.

shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

does it a property of the publisher?

because both the machine and the network email has a limit of 20MB which by far greater than the document I'm failing to distribute?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shay

Would distributing the document to a folder suffice ?

Best Regards,     Bill

shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

no.

that functionality already works. I need to distribute it to users which will use it "Offline" while they are traveling and has no internet access of any kind.

if they will have it as an attachment. like that they will be able to open the downloaded document with the application on their machines

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Shay,

What is the error that is showing in the logs? I would think this would be more a problem with your email system not accepting the mail because of the size.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm just getting a message says that the distribution via email failed.

I've tried to send a small doc (300K) and it passed to the mai server and was sent.

the larger file didn't get even to the mail server (according to our infra guys, I'm not an infra guy...).

where can i see more detailed log than the one i see at the "Status" tab at the console?

p.s.

the mail server limit is 10M so the it should have been passed (since the doc is 8.5M)

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Shay,

I have just tested this and it is working for me. You should have recieved an email with a 8 MB QVW to your gmail account.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks. I've got ur mail with the attachment.

Idont know why it doesnt wirk for me.

Since i'm not an Infra guy i just need the Infra here to support this

בתאריך יום רביעי, 13 בנובמבר 2013, Bill Britt כתב:

QlikCommunity <http://community.qlik.com/> Publisher Email

distribution limitations

reply from Bill Britt<http://community.qlik.com/people/bbt?et=watches.email.thread>in *QlikView

Publisher* - View the full discussion<http://community.qlik.com/message/421220?et=watches.email.thread#421220>

jldengra
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I have a similar problem with a Publisher distribution by e-mail, but not related to the size of the file (< 200k) but to the number or recipients. I have customized a distribution to 45 offices in a single task, looping by an office field to reduce the data and adding a table to the QlikView model where I specify each one of the recipients per office.

In my case, the Publisher task worked fine only for the first n recipients (sometimes 21, sometimes 15, depending on the moment ...), and then started failing, and all I can see in the task log is the message:

Warning: Failed to send mail to XXXX@XXX.XXX

where XXXX@XXX.XXX denotes each recipient, and the same occurs for all the following recipients.

I have consulted our system administrator and he has checked in our Email Server logs that all the messages seemed to be successfully sent, therefor they only arrived until the first Warning: Failed to send mail was logged.

Is there any other log in QlikView to get more details and understand what happens ?