Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher Issue on QV 11 SR1

Hello,

We recently upgraded our Publisher to version 11 SR1 (from 10 SR4).

Following the publisher we started to experience a strange problem -

The publisher starts a task, the model is being refreshed successfully then saved successfully, the QVB proccess is being released, but the task never stops running.

By "never stops" I mean that it's indicated as running in the QMC.

Aborting the task in the QMC doesn't help.

The only thing that helps is resetting both both Qlikview Distribution Service and Qlikview Management Service.

I tried to troubleshoot it, and found out that there's a new folder under QlikTech\DistributionService\ named "EDXResult".

It seems that every task that runs logs itself in an XML file there. When the task is created it's has a "running" state in the XML, and the state is changed to "Completed" or "Failed" when it ends.

However the XML file remain in the folder indefinitely, so after two weeks of running the server we already had 42000 files there, which made accessing the folder very slow.

After manually deleting the files in the folder it seems that there is an improvement (It's only been one hour since I've done it, so I can't be sure, but it seems better now).

So this leads me to suspect that the problem described above derives from the "EDXResults" folder getting overloaded and therefore the QMS can't update the XML file of the files to "Completed" after the run is finished.

So my question is - Can this really be the cause of the problem?

And if so, is there any solution (besides creating a daily task that will delete the files)?

Thanks for reading my wall of text

Yoav

24 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This can be the cause of your problem. Are you doing reloads with dependencies?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I am experiencing similar issues.   If I run all schedules independenly they run in 40 seconds or less.  If they are triggered from the previous one completing  they all fail after 45 Minutes.   I can only run a max of 3 jobs concurrently.  

If you notice a timestamp in the EDXResult file it doesn't match the starttime and finishtime in the log file??? 

Not applicable
Author

I also have exactly the same issue, with independent reloads and also with dependencies.  The only solution I have so far is deleting the EDXResults that you mention. Would be interested to hear if there is a better solution.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This appears to be a Bug. The bug has been logged with R&D. It would really help if you will take the time to contact support and open a case on this. The BugID is 46575.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We already contacted the support through Qlikview Israel.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem.

Some files never stops running.

=(

Not applicable
Author

What I would really like to know is if this problem goes away with SR1?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You have to decide if the job is still running or if it is just showing running. The only way to tell is to look in task manager to see how many QVB.exe are running. There should be one for each task. So, if a task shows running and there are no QVB.exe running then you might have the Bug. Not. SR1 didn't fix the issue. But when there is a patch out and you will have to contact support to get it.

I have edited this reply today. I realized I made a typo and it sounded like there was already a patch for this issue and there is not.

Not applicable
Author

So, a task shows runnig and there are no QVD.exe running.

I'm going to do some tests...