Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Publisher Setup

I installed qlik 12, server and desktop, in Windows 2008r2, the server is running, because I can enter the manager quietly.

qlkmc.png

but when I try to get into Publisher the 404 error.

404 qlkvw.png

Does anyone have a configuration manual of 12? Maybe I've forgotten some steps, IIS is running normally. I was seeing manuals of the old qliks, and had a part that I should start the services, but these services did not exist in 2008r2. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

qlkvw.png

erro qlkvw.png

I'm new to qlik, maybe I'm thinking it's a mistake and it's another, I do not know where to look right.

12 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is not the Publisher you are trying to access, but a useful QlikView feature we call the Access Point. It's a simple web page that lists available documents, but it will only be shown if there is a Web Server running on your machine.

There are two possibilities:

• QVWS, the Qlik Web Server that comes with every QlikView Server installation package. Disabled in your case.
  • IIS, the standard Microsoft web server. Apparently you want to use IIS, because you installed the QlikView Settings Service that translates QMC requests into IIS configuration settings.

Is IIS running? Dit you correctly configure IIS for use with QlikView as documented here (see the part titled "Running Microsoft IIS"): Installing QlikView Server ‒ QlikView:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I checked all the manual you sent me, and it's all as it should, I did the same steps as described. I was talking to a colleague, and he said that maybe it was the frame that updated, I do not know. I am using an old server as a base, it is using version 11, and I found something different, there the pool is using default, and here (in 12) asp.net v4.0, is there any possibility of being Is that the problem?

qlik.png

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You shouldn't expect to be able to start the QVWS service as it will perform the same function as IIS. Since you have installed the QlikView Settings Service (which you don't need if you were going to use QVWS), you should make IIS work for you.

I guess the default web site is running, because IIS returns a 404 error: Page Not Found. Let's focus on that. 

Is there an index.htm page present in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, the index page is there.
index.png

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

OK, that's good.

Check QMC->System-Setup->QlikView Web Servers->Your web server->Web. Please post a screenshot of the items displayed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay, here it is.

qlikweb.png

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What is displayed if you start a browser on your server and open page http://localhost  (i.e. without any path)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

gives the 404 error

404.png

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your IIS configuration appears to be broken...

To which directory has the Document root for the IIS default web site been set? See IIS Manager.

Oh, and BTW: did you install IIS on your server after or before QlikView?