cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher content filtering

Hi,

I'm new about the Publisher.
I've read that it's possible to filtering data from a qvw and than send to a user only his part.

For example a I have a qvw document with company sales but I want to send to a specific agent only his part of sales...not all.

How can I realize this with QlikView ?

Thanks a lot.

Bye

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Blair,

What you are trying to do can be done. However, I would talk to your account manager and have a consultant come in and help you. It will save you a lot of time.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What you want to do is a Publisher reduction, and it currently requires Publisher Enterprise. Watch these tutorials to get an idea of how it works.
http://robwunderlich.com/QvTutorial.html

If you don't have Publisher Enterprise, you can instead use the Section Access feature to dynamically reduce the data for each user when the document is opened.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

We recently purchased Publisher and I was wondering about using it for this scenario:

We are creating a portal deployment where a couple of charts from a QlikView document will be displayed in a web page.  (We are currently trying out an iFrame solution that is working as a proof of concept, but we don't want to pass information in the url.)  We will have over 500 users that will log into a SSO in order to get to the portal we are creating.  I see that one option in Publisher (thanks to your tutorials!) is to create separate documents for each user - data reduction.  What are some guidelines as to the number of users that this type of solution will support, versus section access? 

And once these documents are created, I know that DMS will be required as our users will not be logging in from a Windows Account.  How daunting a task is it to keep that up with this many users?

Any help is appreciated!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Blair,

What you are trying to do can be done. However, I would talk to your account manager and have a consultant come in and help you. It will save you a lot of time.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

That's a good idea.  We are doing that - thanks!