Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Publisher only installation

Hi,

We currently have a server (S1) with Qlikview Server 10 an IIS.

Now we've installed Publisher in another server (S2) with QlikView Management Service and QlikView Distribution Service only.

I already did a restart of the server S2 but I get an error when I try to start the services obviously can't access the QEMC.

What services are needed on the S2 Publisher only installation? Is .NET 3.5.1 and IIS also needed on S2?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

.NET 3.5 SP1 is necessary, also make sure the user running the services is both a local admin and a Qlikview Administrators group member.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

.NET 3.5 SP1 is necessary, also make sure the user running the services is both a local admin and a Qlikview Administrators group member.

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I did install .NET 3.5.1 and IIS (could not install it without) just after posting the question and it worked. I also had to change the Log On user on both services properties to the admin account is question.

I'm no having another problem when distributing to the external server. The task fails but it still create and empty file (0 KB) on the server with a random name that looks like a hash key of some sort.

Already contacted Qlikview Support and waiting for an answer.

Thanks for the info anyway. It confirmed what I did.