Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.
We have scheduled multiple tasks running on publisher. All were running fine till last week.
Suddenly from last 2-3 days many tasks getting failed. When we analyzed logs we found multiple reasons of failure as below -
1. Document open call failed. The document might require username and password
2. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed --->
3. Failed to allocate a QlikView Engine. No QlikView Engine was available after waiting for 45 minutes
Can anyone suggest what can be reason of such failure with above reasons.
And how can be avoided such failures. Any solutions please.
Prashant P Baste
I comment your points:
You may want to follow these links -
Hi Manuel Capella
Thank you for quick & valuable response.
1. Yes, you are right - these tasks has Section Access, but those were running fine till last week & mess has started from this week without making any change in any of those document.
2. Yes.. this error is copied from log file only. Do you have any idea why/when this error occurs?
3. Yes due to above issues. Tasks are getting delayed & thus overlapping of multiple tasks is happening & might be this giving this error.
I am mainly concern about point# 1 & 2. Can you brief more about it if possible.
Thanks once again.
1) I'm not sure in which situations the qmc-options to enter a section access user + password are useful. But if you put the user of the service-accounts into the section access script part it should work (does it for me since years).
1. We are using NTNAME list for Section Access, what is Launch user? I am not aware of this please describe in detail.
2. Actually tasks which are failing are not of reload task of QVW, but are tasks by which we are creating PDF reports. Reload tasks Thus only Task-log files are available & there are no Document Logs
Which user is launching QlikView Services on Windows Services?
For launching PDF, from a QlikView app, you have to reload your QlikView app, isn't it? Reload it manually, and on Document Properties, check Generate Logfile.
Yes. You are right Manuel, first we reload main QVW application & then generate PDF.
So task of Reload main QVW runs smoothly & tasks of PDF generation fails.
I am not sure about exactly which user launches QV Services on Windows will confirm & also confirm if same user is added into Section Access.
Your help is really appreciated, it is helping me a lot to understand.
Please, attach the log files of these tasks.