Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Publisher

Is there a max limit of 4 QlikView engine that can be running at a given time i.e. only 4 jobs can be reloaded simultaneously in v9 Server/Publisher?

I looked in the EMC and there are no settings to up that count. If true then I sure wonder why the engine count is limited to only 4 because if you have a good enough hardware, you should be able to run more than 4 engines at a time.

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, the theoretical max is 10 I think. This is an internal QV limit, because from Windows' point of view you should be able to have as many QVBs as you have cores. To change some of the distribution engine limitations, go to QEMC --> System --> Distribution Service --> Advanced.

Regards,

sicilianif
Creator II
Creator II

I believe there is a limit of 4 if you are using the standard publisher. I think to get above that, you need the enterprise publisher license.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I believe I remember running 15 or more reloads at the same time yesterday. We're using Enterprise.