Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[QDS Cluster] How to send specific tasks to specific Node only

Hello Community, we have 3 nodes (QVPUBP01,QVPUBP02 and QVPUBP03) on our QDS cluster and we have almost 250+ tasks on our environment. Because of one specific application database (DBAPP) limitations, we have to send all DBAPP tasks (25+) needs to send only QVPUBP03.

How to enable the setup on QMEC, to send this reload tasks (DBAPP tasks) always goes to QVPUBP03 only. We are looking for below type of solution. Is it possible ?

QDS_Subcluster.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

We figured out this with Q;likTech.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Wow.

I don't know whether you can even define something like a "subcluster" without having two Publisher licenses, of which one has two nodes.

Interesting.

Not applicable
Author

Peter is it possible ?

do you implemented this type of approach?

Even though you have two publisher license we need to maintain to separate QEMC's ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No I never did implement anything like it. I did implement clustering and I could not assign documents to a node in a Publisher cluster.

IMHO even if you have two publisher clusters, you can still manage them from a single QMC. But the three nodes cannot be clustered together.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Peter,

Is it possible on QEMC to assign the documents to specific Publisher Node ?

How can we manage two publisher clusters with one single QMC ?

Not applicable
Author

We figured out this with Q;likTech.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Care to tell us what the solution was? Thanks.