Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VladimirMakarevich
Contributor
Contributor

QMC / Tasks / Status of document loading forever & OEM Server license

Hi guys!

How much reload document tasks I can perform at the same time with the OEM Server license?

Just I have a problem, when I try to execute 2 tasks for reloading documents at the same time, the second document is reloading forever (the UI status remains indicating that the document is still loading), and only the restarting services can help with it. But in the TaskHistory tab - status is Completed. Also in the Log tab:

(2019-07-04 18:57:11) Information: The Source Document was reloaded successfully.

(2019-07-04 18:57:11) Information: Reload finished successfully

(2019-07-04 18:57:11) Information: Start saving document

(2019-07-04 18:57:11) Information: Check in document: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\Document_07022019\QVReport.qvw

(2019-07-04 18:57:11) Information: Closing the document.

(2019-07-04 18:57:12) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=22824

(2019-07-04 18:57:12) Information: No distribution required.

(2019-07-04 18:57:12) Information: Task Execute Duration=00:00:07.4850000

(2019-07-04 18:57:12) Information: The task "Reload of Document_07022019\QVReport.qvw (16)" finished successfully

(2019-07-04 18:57:12) Information: TaskResult.status=Finished

(2019-07-04 18:57:12) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:Finished

(2019-07-04 18:57:12) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:Finished - completed

(2019-07-04 18:57:12) Information: Saving Task Result

More information about the environment:

• Product name - QMS Backend Core x64
  • Client Build Number - 12.0.20000.0
  • Operating System Version - Win32_OperatingSystem=@ X64 (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)
  • .NET Version - 4.0.30319.42000
  • MDAC Version - 6.1.7601.17514

With Best Regards,

Vladimir Makarevich

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

The first thing I would recommend is to upgrade to a newer version as QlikView 12.00 is not supported anymore.

Then is there any issue on the QDS or QMS logs? Is the antivirus running on the Qlik folders?

What resources has the QMS and QDS machines and do you have a high-speed drive for your source document files.

Also have a look at article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000042673.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Three things to consider here, most of which @Albert_Candelario already mentioned.

• There is no restriction between the different licenses on how many tasks you can run.
  • An upgrade is necessary. Not only because that version of the product is no longer covered by fixes and support, but also since I believe you might be affected by an issue with the Chunk Size (size in which your work order is being transferred between Management Service and Distribution Service).
  • In the meantime, you can review this article "QlikView Management Console shows incorrect information about the status of tasks (kb 000027270)"

Albert is definitely correct on mentioning the file storage as well, though before looking at that, I'd start with Chunk Size and MaxReceivedMessage Size. Just to rule that out. 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

The first thing I would recommend is to upgrade to a newer version as QlikView 12.00 is not supported anymore.

Then is there any issue on the QDS or QMS logs? Is the antivirus running on the Qlik folders?

What resources has the QMS and QDS machines and do you have a high-speed drive for your source document files.

Also have a look at article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000042673.

Cheers!

marcus_sommer

Beside the already said there is no real limitation on the licence- or software-side - it just depends on the available hardware and the set configurations how many tasks could run parallel.

- Marcus

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Three things to consider here, most of which @Albert_Candelario already mentioned.

• There is no restriction between the different licenses on how many tasks you can run.
  • An upgrade is necessary. Not only because that version of the product is no longer covered by fixes and support, but also since I believe you might be affected by an issue with the Chunk Size (size in which your work order is being transferred between Management Service and Distribution Service).
  • In the meantime, you can review this article "QlikView Management Console shows incorrect information about the status of tasks (kb 000027270)"

Albert is definitely correct on mentioning the file storage as well, though before looking at that, I'd start with Chunk Size and MaxReceivedMessage Size. Just to rule that out. 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
VladimirMakarevich
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Nice! Thanks, I fixed it.

@Albert_Candelario, @Sonja_Bauernfeind - your recommendations helped. Thanks.

Best Wishes,

Vladimir Makarevich

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Happy to hear! 🙂

Albert_Candelario

Excellent! Happy you could solved it! 😀