Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC audit/extensive audit logging

Hi all,

I have enabled Audit Logging and Extensive Audit Logging via the QMC (using v11 SR1). I'm not clear on what additional info Extensive Logging provides. I presumed it would show when a object is activated, maximized etc. but it doesn't appear to. Is there any way to ascertain which objects are actually used in an app?

Thanks and regards,

Adam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rob_greene
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Adam,

I have it working but it doesn't tell you if a user created an object, or which objects are selected, only the selections that are made and the maximise object ID.

eg.

SheetActivated sheet Document\SH08
SelectionClear All
SelectionYear2012
SelectionPeriod<=6
SelectionUSERCODEClear
SelectionClear All
SelectionYear2012
SelectionPeriod<=6
SelectionUSERCODEClear
MaximizeSheet Object Server\TB02

This is from the help.
Regards
Rob

To enable the logging of user selections, clear selections, sheet activation, the application of bookmarks, report access, and the maximization of objects, tick this check box. The stored file will be named as described in Log Folder.

To enable the logging to include more details (for example, all selections that come with a bookmark), tick this check box:

• Enable Extensive Audit Logging

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rob_greene
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Adam,

I have it working but it doesn't tell you if a user created an object, or which objects are selected, only the selections that are made and the maximise object ID.

eg.

SheetActivated sheet Document\SH08
SelectionClear All
SelectionYear2012
SelectionPeriod<=6
SelectionUSERCODEClear
SelectionClear All
SelectionYear2012
SelectionPeriod<=6
SelectionUSERCODEClear
MaximizeSheet Object Server\TB02

This is from the help.
Regards
Rob

To enable the logging of user selections, clear selections, sheet activation, the application of bookmarks, report access, and the maximization of objects, tick this check box. The stored file will be named as described in Log Folder.

To enable the logging to include more details (for example, all selections that come with a bookmark), tick this check box:

• Enable Extensive Audit Logging

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob, thanks for your response.

It appears to be working ok but strangely, when I maximize an object, it doesn't create a record in the log.

It's a shame there is no way of identifying which objects are used/needed, apart from talking to end users I suppose.

Regards,

Adam

rob_greene
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Adam,

It's a bug with SR1.  Just tested on SR1 and it didn't log the maximise.

I am on V11 SR2.

Upgrade as soon as, I haven't had any problems going from SR1 to SR2 so I would imagine you wouldn't too.

Regards

Rob

Not applicable
Author

Actually, we've only just upgraded to v11 SR1 and are still ironing out some of the issues (just minor ones now). I doubt we will upgrade to SR2 unless there are some major benefits to us. We'll probably go straight to v12 when it's released and stable.

Adam