Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaviraj88
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QMC issue - not opening

Hi all,

I am facing this issue, whenever a task occupies more memory in the server. But when i notice the memory consumption in Task Manager, it is showing only 40 - 60 %. Still QMC goes to Hung state, whenever i started this task.

After restarting QMS and QDS, it comes back to Normal.

But i dont want to do everytime, as it will impact to the business users. Is there any other better way to overcome this issue?

Thanks,

Kaviraj

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Need to check the document and see what is causing the issue. It could be something in the script that is causing the issue. Like nested IF statements.

Also, this could be a sign that your system needs more resources.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
kaviraj88
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply, Bill.

The same file is running fine in production. Ofcourse, Dev is having less RAM memory compared to production.

But when i check the memory consumption during this issue, it occupies 40 - 60 %. This seems to be normal.

One more issue happened today. Sometimes we are getting "Two or more services are down" error(QVWS and DSC) . later it is automatically getting reconnected.

Thanks,

Kaviraj

Not applicable

How do you check the memory? Looking at taskmanager does not provide a reliable usage.

I would setup a counter to check the usage of Qlikview instances so you get the full picture.

Also, check performance log for QVS to get an understanding.