cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qv_goirik
Contributor
Contributor

QMC jobs are failed

We have a set of Qlik Jobs(more than 400 jobs)in our production environment. Out of them one or two jobs are failed almost every day. Those failed jobs are not same every day but jobs are failing. Maximum failed jobs are throwing the below error:

The task "Reload of DWB_X_ALLOCATION_LI(job name)" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.SourceDocumentNotFoundException: Could not find SourceDocument (Distribution): \\morrisonsplc\Apps\Qlikview\QPP_Share\01_QlikView\03 QVD\Generators\Extract\Raw Automation\Fact\Extract_Automation_Load.qvw || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

But after failed when we tried to rerun the job, most of the cases(99.9%) it is completed successfully. Our repository is in SSD device and QDS and other services are connected through network connection.

Have you faced this kind of issue? I am sure it is not a Qlik code issue but something related to infrastructure like Network glitch or somthing else. Would you please let me know your view on it?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I have is likely you may need to increase the Desktop Memory Heap setting on the QDS server(s) to a higher value.  Here is a link to an Article that has an R&D whitepaper attached, so you can review everything, but check the section on QVB engines, if you have not increased the Desktop Heap memory setting in the Windows Registry on the QDS server(s), that is likely the first thing I would try.  The symptom would be if you only see the issue when the number of concurrent tasks is pushing the upper limit etc., that would signal I am likely on the right track.  That is only thing of which I can think at the moment other than a file system issue, but given it runs fine a bit later, pretty sure it is more likely that QDS server(s) may need some more resources etc. to handle that load.  The other option would be to reduce your QVB engines for distribution setting a little to see if that does the trick, as that would then queue the excess tasks etc. instead of trying to run them concurrently.  

Scaling QlikView Publisher 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

Or
MVP
MVP

@Brett_BleessWe actually had this issue sporadically as well, and moving some of our QVWs/QVDs to a different drive (hosted on a different machine) seemed to help. So I wouldn't necessarily dismiss the file system option, it could be worth trying if some of the files can be moved to a different drive.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I have is likely you may need to increase the Desktop Memory Heap setting on the QDS server(s) to a higher value.  Here is a link to an Article that has an R&D whitepaper attached, so you can review everything, but check the section on QVB engines, if you have not increased the Desktop Heap memory setting in the Windows Registry on the QDS server(s), that is likely the first thing I would try.  The symptom would be if you only see the issue when the number of concurrent tasks is pushing the upper limit etc., that would signal I am likely on the right track.  That is only thing of which I can think at the moment other than a file system issue, but given it runs fine a bit later, pretty sure it is more likely that QDS server(s) may need some more resources etc. to handle that load.  The other option would be to reduce your QVB engines for distribution setting a little to see if that does the trick, as that would then queue the excess tasks etc. instead of trying to run them concurrently.  

Scaling QlikView Publisher 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Or
MVP
MVP

@Brett_BleessWe actually had this issue sporadically as well, and moving some of our QVWs/QVDs to a different drive (hosted on a different machine) seemed to help. So I wouldn't necessarily dismiss the file system option, it could be worth trying if some of the files can be moved to a different drive.