Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC showing only 1 license

We are testing version 10 and trying to use the external application delivery features. We have a license for our "internal" people and one for "external" in the same environment. However, when I try to see which session CAL or user CAL gets used when an app is launched, I only see the internal license "pool". Is this normal? Can we have the system show both licenses? Does this post make sense? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You should stick to QEMC, that should be enough to monitor licenses.

QMC is designed for a single server use, so you would have to access that server's particular QMC to see licenses assigned.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

No, sorry, it doesn't make sense.

You can't have two differents licenses on one server, you've either have a cluster or separate servers.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry if it sounds like we are using the same server. We have separate servers. One dedicated to internal apps and one dedicated to external. However, they are in the same environment and are being managed in one QEMC. I guess we could say they are "clustered" in QlikView's definition but they are not Windows clustered.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Sorry, still makes no sense.

You've either two separate servers or two servers in a cluster, which is it?

Not applicable
Author

It is two separate servers. Sorry, we have a lot of discussions with Qliktech regarding "clusters". So the environment consists of a QVS for internal apps, a QVS for "external" apps, Publisher, 2 web interfaces (IIS). The external server is accessed by using NetScalers versus putting the server in the DMZ.

In the QEMC, I see both QVS and everything works great. The problem I am having is when I try to look at which CALs are being used by going to the QMC, I don't see my "external" session CALs as being part of the environment. I only see my "internal" session and user CALs as being available. However, when someone from the outside accesses an application, they are not shown as using any of these which leads me to believe they are using an "external" session CAL like they are suppose to but I can't see it. This is important for us to see so we can 1)manage the session CALs, 2)monitor the usage in case we need to increase our license, and 3) verify the product is actually doing what it is designed to do.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You should stick to QEMC, that should be enough to monitor licenses.

QMC is designed for a single server use, so you would have to access that server's particular QMC to see licenses assigned.