Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 11.2 SR2 - Excel export issue (ajax)

Hello,

I am facing an issue with QV 11.2 SR2, in ajax mode. When I try to send to Excel a chart with more than (I suspect) 65000 lines, the generated file is not a .xls file but a csv one. The problem is that I lost all the formatting and it is totally unusable for the users.

When I try to export the same chart, with a restricted selection and therfore a minimized number of lines (around 50 000), the generated file is a xls and the formatting is fine.

My QV access point is in the trusted sites list of IE and the security parameters are lowered.

Is this a know issue? Is there a way to export to Excel properly more than 65 000 lines?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The QlikView Excel export uses the BIFF format (.xls) which is limited to 65000 lines. Not by QlikView, but by the format specification itself. If you want more than that, you need to export to a text file with comma or tab as delimiter.

HIC

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The QlikView Excel export uses the BIFF format (.xls) which is limited to 65000 lines. Not by QlikView, but by the format specification itself. If you want more than that, you need to export to a text file with comma or tab as delimiter.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer

Not applicable
Author

no need macro..just put this configuration on settings.ini in qlikview server :

RowLimitForCsvInsteadOfXls=10000000

change the value as u want..but as far as i know ms excel max sheets is only 255 sheets..so make sure you don't export more than 255 sheets..

thx..