Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV Distribution Service is down (reload engine is down)

Hi Team,

After a windows update QV Distribution Service is down.The service cannot be started:

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

I have rebuilt all Performance counters. Also I have set the <add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="false"/> to true.

The  Distribution service is not visible under System/Setup.

I can't see any event viewer errors.

Could you advise?

Many thanks,

Yavor

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just a quick update. Deleting DistributionService folder fixed the issue, but all task disappeared and there was also a missing license.

Could you advise please how to proceed with this issue?

Thank you,

Yavor

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do the QDS logs contain any hints about what is causing this anomaly?

Check the most recent Root_xxxxxxxx.txt file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

What product is missing license - QlikView Server or QlikView Publisher?

If Publisher, then it seems you also deleted or recreated the ManagementService folder, as it contains the Publisher license info (Publisher LEF folder) as well as the QVPR (which contains all of the Publisher tasks). Hopefully you just renamed the ManagementService folder so that you can still access it's contents, so that you can restore this information.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

I agree with Chip. If, for some reason, you have not renamed the Management Service Folder and something got corrupt inside it, relicense the Publisher and restore a QVPR from backup.
This article should help.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
arish_delon
Creator
Creator

QlikView Version should be 12.xx

In that case check the version of ".NET". If you meet the minimum requirement of 4.7.2 (As of October 2019) then proceed to the following steps.

see attachments try each scenario.

In my case this command fixed my problem.

Alternative:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>lodctr /R

Performance counter reset with admin privilege on the serverPerformance counter reset with admin privilege on the server

After the reboot server.

After the is back up. If you are in a single environment. stop and start the service in order.

If you have clustered server environment, start Web Service and Server service first. Then start directory services.

After this start the distribution service on the publisher 1st. Then after this service is up start the reset of the distribution service in the clustered environment. After that you can start reset of QlikView Services.

Mean while see addition support documents as promised.