Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV Distribution cluster setup

we have 3 machines in Prod server and the below components are installed on that

Machine1

----------

QV Directory server

QV Server(SAN patch)

Machine2

----------

QV Distribution service

QV Management service

Machine3(IIS)

----------

QV settings service.

We have commissioned one machine and want to install QV server service

and want to include it part of cluster

Please let me know exactly where we required to change/add the configuration so that the new machine

can part of the cluster.Just sharing we are using SSL in other machine where distribution server

is installed.

Please share step by step process(configuration change in QMC/SERVER) to make it success.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It's the same guide. Refer to https://help.qlik.com for the latest guides when new versions are released, or if you are not using November 2017.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The official documentation is available as PDF here (QlikView November 2017).

In principle, adding a new distribution engine to the cluster is installing the software, and then specifying the server name in the QMC > Distribution Services > click on the green "+" icon > add the service URL for the new server there. Then, set it up as you need by selecting it on the left side of the QMC.

However, you mention "SAN patch" and "SSL", which I guess is not the normal download and out of the box setup, I would recommend to engage with Qlik Support (or whoever provided you with that patch) or even a partner or Qlik Consulting so they can help you with your setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick reply. Can you share the same for QV server also?

Appreciate your help.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It's the same guide. Refer to https://help.qlik.com for the latest guides when new versions are released, or if you are not using November 2017.