Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV11 Upgrade from QV9 SR6 - Recover reload schedule

Hi All

I'm looking to upgrade from QV9 to QV11.  I've read that I should delete the Distibution Service Folder prior to upgrade.

So I can recover my reload schedule would it work if I copied the old StandardScheduleListCultered.xml into the new Distibution Service folder after the upgrade and restart the Service?  I've read this worked on SR9 upgrades but want to check if it holds true for QV11?

Many thanks

Dominic

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Where did you read that?

I've recently done a QV9 to QV11 migration, QV should pick up the tasks automatically.

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview 11 Upgrade & Migrations - Qlikview Technical Brief

I think my Distribution Services has problems in QV9 anyway as it wont open on the System Tab in QEMC.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Can you paste the specific paragraph where you've read that? because I'm don't believe it says exactly that.

If you leave your current folders QlikView will pickup current settings, no folder removal needed. I've done it, that's what the document recommends, all you have to do is press the "migrate" button.

Please make sure you've read this document.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2647

Not applicable
Author

Does that same migration process work within QV 10 versions? 

Edit: It appears the settings.ini file located at path below preserves the load schedule. Is there any risk in retaining that file for a QV10 upgrade?

:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

There is nothing you need to do for a migration between QV10 SRs. Just backup your c:\program data\qliktech folder in case something happens and you want to roll the changes back.