Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QVS 9 Reloading Question

I've just started to play with QVServer 9 and the first thing I'm looking into is replicating our loading that we are currently doing in Publisher Standard 8.5 and I don't see how I can do it.

I have a number of QVW files that are dependant on other QVWs being loaded first (QVWs that create QVDs)

In Publisher Standard I was able to set the order of the load tasks, but in v9 it looks like all QVW files are independant of the others.

Hopefully I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

3 Replies
peterbergman
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Mark

I have also started to use v9. After the installation I run the tool C:\Program Files\QlikView\Publisher\Command Center Service\PubUpgradeTool\PubUpgrade.exe to migrate the Publisher database. I read about it in the release notes on page 4-5. This migration tool is not run automaticly when you upgrade to v9.

After that I could in the QEMC (Qlikview Enterprise Management Console) under the tab "source doucments" add triggers that said trigger after event. In this case I could control which files should load first and so on.

Then I made a clean install and did not run the tool PupUpgrade.exe. When I did this way I could not add any triggers.

When I read the reference manual it says that you can only add "source documents" and also triggers if you have the add-on license for Publisher. So I think that you can not add triggers if you don't have the add-on license for publisher but in earlier version you could do that. In version 9 Qliktech has changend so the product Publisher Standard has been discontinued. I read about it in the release notes.

I will open a supportcase for this because we also need triggers but we don't have the license for publisher.

Best regards

Peter

markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for the information Peter.

Hopefully this is something QlikTech just "overlooked". Without a way to include dependencies into the loading of documents, I think there will be many of us who will find the new loading ability in QV Server to not be useful.

Thanks,

Mark

peterbergman
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Mark

I have been in contact with Qlikview support about this question with dependencies. It's a bug. It will be fixed in SR1 that is scheduled for september. The bugid is "bug 22330"

Best regards

Peter