Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS failed due to SocketException

Hi,

Can anyone tell me that why these errors occured?

Today qlikview server and publisher stop responding, no msg or alert was generated by server. In winder service viewer all services were running but i found errors in Event Viewer.

Message 1:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageDataFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Double timeout)

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageSizeFromSocket(Double timeout)

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageSizeFromSocket()

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(Byte[] request)

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(String request)

at Wrappers.QVSWrapper.CallFunction(String methodname, String iStartElement, String iStartAttribute, IXmlSerializable arguments, IXmlSerializable outpar, String& message)

at Wrappers.QVSWrapper.CallFunction(String methodname, String iStartElement, String iStartAttribute, IXmlSerializable arguments, IXmlSerializable outpar)

at Wrappers.QVSWrapper.GetServerStatus()

at QMSBackendCore.Communication.QlikViewServer.GetServerStatus(QVSCluster qvsClusterMember, String userName, String password)

at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.<>c__DisplayClass4a.<DoGetServiceStatuses>b__44(QVSCluster member)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector)

at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.DoGetServiceStatuses()

Message 2:

System.Exception: Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server.

at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.GetQVSSettings(Guid qvsID, QVSSettingsScope scope)

4 Replies
obriened83
Creator
Creator

Hi Adnan

Did you ever get an answer to why these errors occur?

Kind Regards

Eamonn

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eamonn O'Brien ,

I get same error. Did you found the solution?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hello all,

Did anyone find the solution, even I am getting same error. I have even registered a qlik support case.

Thanks,

Nisha

obriened83
Creator
Creator

Hi Nish,

This issue was caused by our CPUs maxing to 100% for a certain length of time when the QMS was trying to initiate a task execution. We overcame this issue, by ensuring that all our loads were optimized so that the CPUs would never be maxed out at any time when tasks were reloaded over night.

A few things that you could do to reduce CPU usage:

1. Ensure that all your loads are optimized when loading in QVDs, It's good practice not to try and do everything at once. Instead break it into steps, for example..
              1. Load the Data QVD first into a resident table
              2. Format Dates or Text of that resident table
              3. Then Aggregate the Data.
  2. One function that we came across that was constantly max the CPUs was the DayStart() Function. Use an alternative such as Date(Floor(date_field)) instead.

Let me know if this helps any bit.

Cheers

Eamonn