Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS on VM from VMWare without internet access enable license

Hello

Problem:

Apply license from server is gray;

Error after entering serial , control and lef information and Accept licence - Invalid license key or control number. However combination of these serial and control codes is working on different machine.

is specific running qvs on VM from VMWare ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

QMC error text '..Invalid control number ' really means that is invalid control number.

Issue was that after last buying additional licenses wrong control number was sent by QV partners to me.

thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Hugo

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Keep in mind that QlikView Server licenses can only be registered into one computer, unless the license allows to use a cluster license.

On the other hand, make sure that the LEF corresponds to your actual QlikView version (the serial number and control may be valid for version 10, for example, but not for version 11).

Contact your QlikView sales rep or partner manager to check your information and upgrade if needed.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

My task is only to test that all services can by up and running.

License is valid till 2013 - 11 version can be used.

Interesting that publisher (Enterprise) license was accepted succesfully.

Not applicable
Author

Does string in LEF means only 10 version of QVS ?

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2013-01-01

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Hugo,

The issues I've seen do not depend on the expiration date, rather than enabling once license to work with higher versions of QlikView that those for what it was issued (that is usually solved updating the LEF). That 10 means, if I'm not wrong, that the license is for Server product. You will see a different number in the same line in Publisher.

If you were allowed to run more than one server, you will see a line with something like

NUMBER_OF_CLUSTER_NODES;X;;

Where X is the maximum number of nodes of QlikView Server sharing the same license number.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

QMC error text '..Invalid control number ' really means that is invalid control number.

Issue was that after last buying additional licenses wrong control number was sent by QV partners to me.

thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Hugo