Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

QlikView Email Server setup not working in clustered QV 11 SR2?

Hi, I am using the QV 11 SR2 in QA and Production. QA is standalone server and Email server just works fine and sends out an email. However Production is clustered box and Task failure shows up with a warning message mentioned below. Am I missing something?

(2012-11-29 19:14:30) Information: QVS Distribution completed with success.

(2012-11-29 19:14:30) Information: Distribution finished successfully.

(2012-11-29 19:14:30) Information: Deleting temporary files.

(2012-11-29 19:14:30) Information: Closing the document.

(2012-11-29 19:14:31) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=1800

(2012-11-29 19:14:31) Information: Document distribution done.

(2012-11-29 19:14:31) Information: Task Execute Duration=00:00:07.0668000

(2012-11-29 19:14:31) Information: Sending Alert mail

(2012-11-29 19:14:31) Warning: Failed to send mail to supportgroup@abc.com

(2012-11-29 19:14:31) Information: TaskResult.status=Finished

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I guess my question would be is this a group? Does the Group have an email address assigned to it in AD? QlikView uses this address to sent the email to and not the individual users emails addresses.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I guess my question would be is this a group? Does the Group have an email address assigned to it in AD? QlikView uses this address to sent the email to and not the individual users emails addresses.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary
Author

Hi Bill, Thank you for your response. We have setup an email address qvprod@abc.com to send email to supportgroup@abc.com setup up in Active Directory. It works like a charm in QA box. However, not in clustered Production box.

Please let me know what should I check to square away this issue?

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary
Author

Thank you Bill for the heads up. I have squared away this. It is just a mail configuration setting needed attention 

Not applicable

Hi Manoj,

I am having the same problem as well. I have both the sender and receipient setup in AD but still getting the same error as you described in the original post. Could you share how you've overcome the issue?

Thanks,

Kate

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary
Author

Sure. I just modified my mail configuration settings working with Server Engineering / Infrastructure Team. Did you correctly setup the Mail configurtion settings? Please send me your settings and let me take a look at it.

Mail Configuration.png

Not applicable

Manoj,

Thanks for your reply.  I have similar setting as yours on the email server. One thing that I don't understand is I was able to send test email without any issue.  But when I created an app and forced it to fail I got the same log message as you did. Is there any other settings need to be configured?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kate

colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Kate, not sure if your issue is the same, but I also had a problem where I was able to send a test mail, but mails were not being sent on task failure.  Restarting the QlikView Distribution Service resolved it.

richho_microp
Contributor III
Contributor III

I was having a similar issue and your suggestion of restarting the Distribution service worked for me.

Thank you