Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Memory

Hello.

I've a QV10 solution on Publisher that keeps getting error on Reload.

I've ~15millions of records in my database to retrieve in my reload script but after ~40min it gives me "General Script Error".

I've figured out that it has to be to low memory or disk space available (it gives an error after all the queries to the database are made, i can assume it is a memory problem right?).

I also have 6 more QV solutions and more applications running on the sever. How much memory and disk space do you think I'll need?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try concatenating the tables instead of joining them and then maybe perform a distinct load on the resident CALENDAR table.

Hard to advise futher without seeing at least the data model you are ending up with.

Hope this helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

is it possible to post your script here? It could be an issue with the way you are joining (for example) which is eating up all the memory.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer kouroshkarimi. In my script the only part which I can see could be troublesome (and the only one with join keep or concatenate) could be:

CALENDAR:

LOAD InitialYear As Year,

InitialMonth As Month,

InitialDayOfWeek As DayOfWeek,

InitialDay As Day,

InitialHour As Hour

RESIDENT SALES;

OUTER JOIN

LOAD EndYear As Year,

EndMonth As Month,

EndDayOfWeek As DayOfWeek,

EndDay As Day,

EndHour As Hour

RESIDENT SALES;

OUTER JOIN

LOAD PurchaseYear As Year,

PurchaseMonth As Month,

PurchaseDayOfWeek As DayOfWeek,

PurchaseDay As Day,

PurchaseHour As Hour

RESIDENT PURCHASES;

OUTER JOIN

LOAD NotificationYear As Year,

NotificationMonth As Month,

NotificationDayOfWeek As DayOfWeek,

NotificationDay As Day,

NotificationHour As Hour

RESIDENT NOTIFICATIONS;

I am even Outer Joining the same table... Is there a way to improve this? I am trying to get all dates (distinct) between these tables to be able to do my calendar...

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try concatenating the tables instead of joining them and then maybe perform a distinct load on the resident CALENDAR table.

Hard to advise futher without seeing at least the data model you are ending up with.

Hope this helps,

Jason

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

^^ This ^^

Not applicable
Author

With that simple optimization I saved something like 20min of running script (at least) and I gotta it to work.

Many thanks to you both