Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.
Greetings QlikCommunity members!
We are currently in the process of putting together documentation on QlikView Server & Publisher upgrade and migration scenarios.
So far, we are focusing on the following topics;
We are now looking for more common scenarios! Can you supply us with feedback on what topics might be interesting in an initial version of this documentation?
Please reply in this thread and we will consider your suggestions!
Addition Nov 3: I added an overview of the topics in a post at the bottom. Check it out to get a preview of what's going to be in the document!
Senior Technical Expert
Problem Management - QlikView Support
Hi Stefan, a few ideas
- Clustered/distributed environments, best practices and considerations when migrating.
- Client side considerations when working with different servers in different versions.
- QVS 9.0 API vs QMS 10 API vs QMS 11 API. Calls that were changed, deprecated or replaced.
Thank you both for your suggestions, we'll take it into consideration. Client stuff is a good idea, and clustering will probably be included if time permits at the first stage.
- InPlace upgrade of only Qlikview Publisher.( Server with only QLikview Publisher Installed)
- Machine Migration of only Qlikview Publisher.( Server with only Qlikview Publisher Installed)
It would be great to have some documentation for
- Qlikview from standalone Server setup ( similarly for Publisher server ) to Disaster Recovery setup. ( with Servers in different Data Centers for Tier-1 DR Plan where the recovery time would be less than 1 hr )
ruthvikvn: thank you for your suggestions. The "single service move" is already on the drawing board.
Disaster recovery will unfortunately not be included in the upgrade & migrations manual.
Stefan, any chance you'd be willing to share the draft of the QV9 to QV10 migration manual? I'm working on a couple of upgrades right now and it would be nice to have it.
Of course I'd be willing to review them and pass any feedback back to you.
Magnus: Indeed! I hope all is good with you!
We actually have scenarios like that in there already, they're being tested right now. We also will bo smaller "overviews" on how to move/migrate separate Qv services from one machine to another.
Daniel: A champion offer! I'll get in touch.
1. What I was looking for today, was documentation on Migrating from QV Native Webserver to MS IIS.
The reason was the need to use SSL Certificates.
2. So related to the first one; how to configure SSL certificates with MS IIS or Native QVWS.
This isn't Upgrade or migration, but maybe you'll find a way to add this to the first scenario.