Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Highlighted
aointl_jelee
New Contributor

QlikView Upgrade from 12.20 SR8 to 12.40 (Latest Version)

Hi,

Was hoping to reach out to the community for some insights with upgrading QlikView server 12.20 SR to the April 2019 release.

Does anyone have experience with this upgrade process?  How did it go for you/your team?  We are looking to upgrade to the latest release rather than the 12.20 SR11 release  which addresses vulnerability.

Regards,

Josh

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Re: QlikView Upgrade from 12.20 SR8 to 12.40 (Latest Version)

Hi,

All my personal upgrades on my testing environment have worked without any issue. Said that I would recommend you to check the requirements:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Content/QV_HelpSites/System-requirements.htm
Windows Server 2008 is not supported since 12.30 and also you need .Net framework 4.7.2 or higher for 12.40 . It is installed during the installation if you have internet connection on the server, otherwise you would need to install it.
As always fully test the new version on a test environment before any upgrade on PROD and also make a backup before upgrading.
Enjoy Qlik !
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

It's difficult to predict how smoothly your process will go compared to others who have already done the upgrade because everyone has a different environment architecture with different characteristics.  As was already mentioned, it's considered best practice to try the upgrade in a test/dev environment that mirrors your production environment, run it for a week or two to make sure all tasks complete successfully and in the amount of time you expect.  Once you're sure everything is working properly, then upgrade your production environment.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
aointl_jelee
New Contributor

Thank you both for your replies.  Definitely planning on upgrading test first.  It seems from your replies that there is not as much configuration required for this upgrade as compared to our upgrade of QV11 to QV12.1, wherein we needed to reconfigure the Governance Dashboard as well as the accesspoint website.

Will we need to reconfigure the Governance Dashboard after upgrading to 12.4?  I did not see any references in the release notes.

Regards,

-Josh

Hi Josh,

I would suggest using the latest GD the version 2.1.1.

Kind regards,
Qlik Support
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer