Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aointl_jelee
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView Upgrade from 12.20 SR8 to 12.40 (Latest Version)

Hi,

Was hoping to reach out to the community for some insights with upgrading QlikView server 12.20 SR to the April 2019 release.

Does anyone have experience with this upgrade process?  How did it go for you/your team?  We are looking to upgrade to the latest release rather than the 12.20 SR11 release  which addresses vulnerability.

Regards,

Josh

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

All my personal upgrades on my testing environment have worked without any issue. Said that I would recommend you to check the requirements:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Content/QV_HelpSites/System-requirements.htm
Windows Server 2008 is not supported since 12.30 and also you need .Net framework 4.7.2 or higher for 12.40 . It is installed during the installation if you have internet connection on the server, otherwise you would need to install it.
As always fully test the new version on a test environment before any upgrade on PROD and also make a backup before upgrading.
Enjoy Qlik !
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

Josh_Berg_Support

It's difficult to predict how smoothly your process will go compared to others who have already done the upgrade because everyone has a different environment architecture with different characteristics.  As was already mentioned, it's considered best practice to try the upgrade in a test/dev environment that mirrors your production environment, run it for a week or two to make sure all tasks complete successfully and in the amount of time you expect.  Once you're sure everything is working properly, then upgrade your production environment.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

All my personal upgrades on my testing environment have worked without any issue. Said that I would recommend you to check the requirements:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Content/QV_HelpSites/System-requirements.htm
Windows Server 2008 is not supported since 12.30 and also you need .Net framework 4.7.2 or higher for 12.40 . It is installed during the installation if you have internet connection on the server, otherwise you would need to install it.
As always fully test the new version on a test environment before any upgrade on PROD and also make a backup before upgrading.
Enjoy Qlik !
Josh_Berg_Support

It's difficult to predict how smoothly your process will go compared to others who have already done the upgrade because everyone has a different environment architecture with different characteristics.  As was already mentioned, it's considered best practice to try the upgrade in a test/dev environment that mirrors your production environment, run it for a week or two to make sure all tasks complete successfully and in the amount of time you expect.  Once you're sure everything is working properly, then upgrade your production environment.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
aointl_jelee
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you both for your replies.  Definitely planning on upgrading test first.  It seems from your replies that there is not as much configuration required for this upgrade as compared to our upgrade of QV11 to QV12.1, wherein we needed to reconfigure the Governance Dashboard as well as the accesspoint website.

Will we need to reconfigure the Governance Dashboard after upgrading to 12.4?  I did not see any references in the release notes.

Regards,

-Josh

Albert_Candelario

Hi Josh,

I would suggest using the latest GD the version 2.1.1.

Kind regards,
Qlik Support
leovinoth
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the process of upgrading  12.1 SR8 to 12.4 SP3  , the upgrade was successful, and able to see the dashboard from salesforce app, but  it prompts for credential to see the dashboard, it means the SFDC login is failing,  I am using IIS as webserver.  any thoughts

Pål
Former Employee
Former Employee

It could be a issue with the chrome update regarding same-site-cookies.

It should in that case work with all other browsers than Chrome. In Chrome, an error will be visible under dev tools/console (F12) stating that a cookie has been blocked.

From 12.40 SR3 release notes:

For IIS: The same site settings have to be added manually to ”Application Settings” on the IIS server. (IIS/Default Web Site/ASP.NET/Application Settings) Name Value EnableSameSiteSettings True/False SameSiteCookieProperty None/Lax/Strict Also make sure that C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml have the value: https://_/ If DefaultUrl is set to http, enable the QMC / QlikView Web Server/ General tab / “Use https” checkbox If EnableSameSiteSetting is set to false, the SameSite functionality will be disabled and QlikView will operate as it did before the fix was introduced, but Chrome 80 will deny access to third-party cookies. <!-Setting to enable the possibility to set SameSiteCookieProperty in cookies-> <!-Same site cookie property. Values are Strict,Lax or None->

leovinoth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response,  

I referred to the release notes and have already added the config to IIS, but still it is prompting for the service account credential that I have configured in SFDC login.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

this is single QV server integrated with salesforce. 

bharatahuja
Contributor II
Contributor II

Were you recommended to first install 12.3 before going from 12.2 to 12.4?

I too have 12.2 sr8 on my PoC box, but since that has EoL by Nov 2020, I have downloaded 12.5 i.e. April 2020.

The confusion is should I just install 12.5 on 12.2 sr8? Or first install 12.3 -> 12.4 -> and then 12.5 to get all the updates from all the prior patches?

There is no sufficient documentation available to explain that? At least the release notes for 12.5 don't have much.

Any suggestions from anyone?

aointl_jelee
Contributor
Contributor
Author

You can install the current version.