Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView crashes after the reload completes

Hi All,

Following the reload of data, be it in normal or debug mode, following the completion of the script I am experiencing a big jump in RAM usage and the program crashes.

I am getting the same behaviour whether it be 1 or 1,000,000 lines.  What happens at the end of the script that could be causing this?

The log file is showing that the script finished with no errors, so that is not helping me at all.

Thanks for your assistance.

Lee

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lee,

I've come across several causes of this, most recently when trying to store data to a qvd using a path that doesn't exist. From memory in every case, it's been a simple syntax error. Please post your code and we can have a look.

Regards,

Ben

Not applicable
Author

Ah. I am using a relative path. Let me hard code it and see if the error disappears.

Not applicable
Author

Hmm. Relative and Hard Coded are working.

I have the below:

qualify *;

Table:

LOAD Fields

SQL SELECT *

FROM Table

WHERE LastModifiedDate >= '$(vLastExecTime)';

Concatenate

LOAD Field

FROM

SameTableName.qvd

(qvd)

WHERE NOT Exists(PrimaryKey);

Store * from Table into $(QVDPath)\TableName.qvd;

unqualify *;

sri99999
Contributor II
Contributor II

HI,

After store the Table into qvd, drop the table if not required.

If the table is to big, some time it crashes the qv.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks sri. I just did that yesterday but I am glad that it is going the right way to see suggest that as well.

What appears to be causing a lot of issues is the data being held in RAM despite the application being closed. Is there a Qlikview server setting that I have missed that would purge RAM do you know?

Not applicable
Author

Hi LeeAlderdice

my Qlickview crashes after finishing the Upload file input, and requires more GB of RAM pinning the PC.

To resolve I formatted the pc .. QV re-installed and the problem is solved.

but a few weeks ago has reappeared ...

I initially thought some keys or join in the document, but this problem also occurs when I do a file linked some light

if I load the same QV by a colleague, in a few seconds the charge and update it, if I do it is locked

how do you solve it?

Not applicable
Author

Hi raffael,

did you solve it meanwhile? Having exactly the same issues.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Lee, did you manage to solve this? I have the exact same issue.

Thank you

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Check your Hard Drive first.

Is there still enough space to store your QVD?

Regards philipp