Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Distribution on an other server

Hi all,

to understand my need, get a look to the picture below :

Capture.PNG.png

Is it possible to configure the server 3 distributes QVW on server 2 and also on the server 3?

regard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tony_Strano
Employee
Employee

Only when distributed to a mounted folder is when the .meta file is produced.    Not when distributing to a folder.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Tony_Strano
Employee
Employee

You will need to manage both qvs from one qmc to accomplish this.      Then when distributing the document, chose the server and mounted folder to distribute the qvw. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kasdali,

if you would rather not setup on one QMC, you also have the option to do a folder path distribution too, from server 3 to server 2.

Path distribution.png

Looking at your setup though you might want to think about having server 1 as publisher and dedicated qvs on 2 & 3

hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

I had in mind to add server 2 in 3 Server Setup .

is this a good idea?

here:

Capture.PNG.png

Tony_Strano
Employee
Employee

Is Server 2 in a DMZ or untrusted zone that one domain account couldn't be used?   Is there a firewall between Servers 2 and 3?    If not then yes, your screenshot is correct and that is where you would add the QlikView Server.

Not applicable
Author

Not good Joe,

although he publishes the report in the root Repertoir but we do not see it on the portal . no .shared or .meta is published with .

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Probably a NTFS rights issue. Check the rights of the document published by Server 3 in the Document root of Server 2.

The meta and shared files are not created by the distribution service but by the QVS upon first loading the document.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

How can i fix it ? please

Tony_Strano
Employee
Employee

Only when distributed to a mounted folder is when the .meta file is produced.    Not when distributing to a folder.

Not applicable
Author

I added the root folder of the server 2 in the conf of the server 3 as Mounted Folders and it works well

thanks