Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview PDF XChange 3

Hi,

I installed a new version of PDF XChange and uninstall the current one (version 3 which comes from qlikview installer).

The new version did not seem compatible.

Where can I download the PDF XChange 3. Reinstalling the qlikview server didn't install the pdf printer.

Thanks.

Reynald

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can download it from

http://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/pdf/9.00/7119/_MSI/QvPDFSetup.exe

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can download it from

http://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/pdf/9.00/7119/_MSI/QvPDFSetup.exe

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill,

I did a complete re-installation of qlikview server instead of modifying or repairing the installation.

It did install the PDF writer along with it.

Anyway, thanks for the link. wouldn't need to reinstall the server if i have the pdf writer installer.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Reynald.

I have never tried PDF XChange 3 you mentioned above. But I am testing another PDF Processor these days. I want to check whether it can work well with its PDF printer. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance. And I will try PDF XChange 3 later.

Best regards,

Arron

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

The PDF Xchnage 3 is what QlikView uses to generate reports.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

I need a hint on that.

PDF XChange 3.0 installed but not printing in browser.

Then - restarting Print Spooler services, all QV services, refresh page - not any difference.

Then - printing in desktop and everything works fine, and all reports are printing in browser also.

What can cause the issue?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

What the print spooler stopped when you did the installation? If so, you will have to uninstall the PDF XChange and reinstall it.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

PDF XChange works fine from the server.

However it needs one print job request from QV desktop. Otherwise it just hangs on QlikView "Print report..." message.

I can't really tell what is the reason and can't leave it like that when it usually works but sometimes not.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

What do you mean "However it needs one print job request from QV desktop". If you are using the Desktop you will need a PDF printer installed  on the machine that the Desktop is running.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it is and it is desktop on the same machine.

And using it unblocks printing with the same PDF XChange 3.0 from server which otherwise hungs up.