Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Publisher PDF does not contain correct data at month change

Our shops receive daily a Qlikview PDF that contains the most recent sales data.

During a month, this process runs OK. Everyday the new sales are added in the report.

BUT: when we get a new month (for example on the 1st of March), we constantly get the sales data from the month before (in the example from February).

At the moment we know that we can only solve this by opening the qvw on the Qlikview server, selecting the new month and saving the results. From that moment onwards, the PDF gives the correct results.

We tried all different parameters in Publisher and in the qvw, but till now: we did not find a way to get also the result immediate OK at a month change (without a manual action necessary).

Does anyone recognizes this problem and now how to solve it?

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This can be controlled by a bookmark. Make a selection in month like

=Month=month(today())

Save that selection in a bookmark and apply the bookmark in the Report Settings, Selections.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your answer. But I have some (additional) questions about your solution.

We have introduced some triggers in the document properties when opening the QV document and reloading the document. The action we performe are (next to jumping to the Dashboard sheet)

Jaar =year (LocalTime()) (sorry the variable names are in Dutch) and

Maandnr =num(Month (LocalTime()),'#0')

We reload the document every night before sending the PDF reports. But this didn't do the job. Can you explain why not?

However I did make a Bookmark of the start state (with the selections above) and applied it in the Report Settings as you recommended. It’s a pity that we have to wait till the month transition to ensure this adjustment to work. Although I’m not sure that I’ve made the correct Bookmark. Because you are talking about a function (=Month=month(today())) and I Bookmarked values. At least that’s what I think. I don’t know how to get the function in the selection except in this way.

So maybe that’s my next question for you if this doesn’t work.

Kind regards

Carlo Sakkee

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think you will be ok if you bookmarked the search expression:

Jaar =year (LocalTime())

The expression is what should show in the Current Selections box after applying the bookmark, not the Year value.

-Rob