cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Publisher

hi All,

Can any one guide me through,

i am new to publisher i want to know how to give section access and distribute through publisher .

-Elakkian

5 Replies
Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi, Elakkian

Two completely different things.

- Create a Section Access: That is something that you need to do on a Script Leverl. With a Publisher Licenses you can create the section access directly on the QMC but still you need to import it and implement it on the script of your document. You can find tons of documentation here on the community about Section Access and a starters tutorial on the QlikView Desktop help (search for Section Access or Security).

- Distribution with Publisher: Again, tons of information right here on the community. Try a search for: "Create Publisher Task" and I'm sure that you'll find what you need.

With such a wide question is hard to be specific about the answer

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

Not applicable
Author

hi lcz.

i want to know how to create the section access directly on the QMC .

-Elakkian

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi, Elakkian

You can create as many Section Access tables as you need directly from the QMC.

SAPublisher.PNG.png

Using this feature instead of storing the information of your section access on an external file (or in the script) its information is centralized on the console. You can find more information clicking on the Help button from the console,

Once you have created as many Section Access tables as you need you can import them from the QlikView script:

SAScript.png

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

Not applicable
Author

hi lcz

sure i will try it. and thanks .

-Elakkian

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

You're welcome