Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlikview QMC Task Skipped || application didnt reload as per daily schedule

Hello ,

I have an application where the schedule is auto triggered everyday but i could see that the application didnt reload for a day and so there is no failure nor the task history .

Please find the attachment. 

kindly provide help!

5 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Pradeep92,

Was this the only task that was skipped 5/16 or were there other tasks that were supposed to run but didn't?  You might take a look at the QMS logs (default location C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log) and see what was going on during the time the task was supposed to run.  I would also take a look at your QDS logs to look for the same information.

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @pradeep92 ,

You'll want to check the QDS Root log for the date of the skipped scheduled task. This log will have information regarding trigger statuses enabling you to see if the trigger changed for this scheduled task. The QDS Root log is stored in the QDS Application Data Folder. The default location is %ProgramData%\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log and has a naming convention of "Root_year_month_day.txt". If you have configured the QDS Application Data Folder in a different folder, you can check the location by looking in the QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@ > General tab.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

The application trigger happens everyday for this app but please find the screenshot below as this situation already happened in the end of april. 

Let me ask the admin team to check on the log details in the mentioned folder.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Yeah, you'll want to review the QDS Root logs for May 16 & April 29, filtering on the task name. This should give more information regarding the trigger for the task.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing of which I can think of here is a problem in the workorder sync where the task trigger for this task was not sync'd properly the day it did not run, but after that, the workorder sync was able to complete properly and it picked back up the next day.  It is about the only thing that really fits I believe.  

About the only way to catch this is to put the QMS service into Debug/High log verbosity, so you can see the workorder sync records at that point, as that will show you if the workorder is having any issues synchronizing at times or not.  This might help you gather a bit better info moving forward if it is still occurring intermittently.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.