Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview document chaining - Could not be opened

At this moment we have some issues with document chaining in our environment. Recently we had a domain migration where a part of our users are migrated to the new domain, the other users will follow in the upcoming year. We use the IE Qlikview plugin with windows single sign on for users to enter qlikview.

In the old domain we can still use document chaining and everything works fine. In the new domain we get the error message qvp://[ip][documentname] could not be opened.

We already checked if port 4747 is open on the new domain and we cleared the ticketdata.pgo. Still we get the same error message. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Three coming to my mind right now:

1. Section access: the field uses NTNAME, which is DOMAIN\USERNAME, if this is the case, load the section access table twice for each user, one with each new and old domain
  2. Domain not added in the QMC to the DSC. Add both the new and old
  3. NTFS permissions: users have effective rights on the files with either domain, but not with both

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Three coming to my mind right now:

1. Section access: the field uses NTNAME, which is DOMAIN\USERNAME, if this is the case, load the section access table twice for each user, one with each new and old domain
  2. Domain not added in the QMC to the DSC. Add both the new and old
  3. NTFS permissions: users have effective rights on the files with either domain, but not with both
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

Thank you for your response. Can you explain how to add the domain in de QMC DSC? Is it just adding the active directory?

Kind regards,

Tijmen

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If AD is what you use, yes, add one of the directory controllers and that's it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yesterday we included the AD in the QMC. After that I was able to actually use document chaining, but when I checked again today I see that it is not working again. Looking at the event log I am seeing the following:

Session stop reason: can't secure

I did see your other post where you instruct to open Qlikview via desktop and than try again, however this doesn't seem to work.

I have no idea why yesterday it was working and now it stopped again.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Any change on IT side policies, security, firewalls which could be related to this change?

Additionally, make sure the QlikView servers are part of the Trusted sites in the Internet Options within the Control Panel.