Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview high availability solution for Ent. client

We are working with one of the top 50 Enterprise clients and they are looking for Q high availability solution.Righ now we are targetting for 25 users and eventualley it will grow.  I would like to know your experience and suggestions and one more thing, since Q uses Win graphics do we need external GPU for Qserver for better display and faster refresh.

The envinorment as follows for one site:

Software:

1. Qlik Server + Pubilsher 11  on Win 2008

2. Win IIS webserver

3. Oracle 11g on Solaris or Ent Linux.

Hardware:

1. HP or Oracle SUN   -- for Q server + pub

2 x Intel Xeon ( 4 or more cores each CPU)

32 or 62 GB RAM

EMC storage

2. Oracle SUN  -- for Oracle 11g DB

2 x Intel or Spark ( 4 or more cores each CPU)

16 or 32 GB RAM

EMC storage

Thanks.

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

How much data in your QV environment?  I think you are going to need more memory if you are looking to have 25 users in the system at one time. 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you are building a scalable solution, my first suggestion would be to put Publisher and QV Server on seperate boxes.

-Rob

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If your client explicitely asks for a high availabilty solution, do you have a SLA with a defined availibilty percentage?

If you got really hard specs, you probably need to think not only about QV, but your complete system infrastructure.

Concerning the use of a GPU, I am personally not aware of QV making use of a GPU for calculation (maybe I missed something here). Your QV applications will be accessed via web browser, so I don't think that the server graphics card will do any difference here in terms of better display.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I agree with Rob as the first step in the right direction.

Besides, depending on the network infrastructure and the amount of data, you could set up a clustered environment...

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

We have estimated around 500MB QV size by end of first year.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

I am a fan of yours, i gain so much knowledge from your posts and going forward i expect more from you....Rob i have a solution we are building a qlikview solution for 56 users where we have HA+DR scenerio with ACTIVE/ACTIVE, the hardware list are

1) 2*Sun Fire X 4170 M2 Server with Windows 2008 Server R2 with 64 GB of RAM,with Intel Xenon E5469 family

2) we do have SAN from Oracle (SAN ZFS 7320) for storage.

3) Load balancer from Big IP.

3) Qlikview Server License without publisher for Cluster environment.

4) we will be using qlikview webserver for Qlikview Deployment.

I wanted  to achieve HA+DR Deployment with above configurations, do we need NAS? reason i have seen in one of the deployment archticure. i think we can achive HA+DR situation bypassing NAS?

Need Your thoughts and suggestions on the same.Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Regards

Imran khan

Not applicable
Author

1. Client users could not share GPU in Server.

2.And depent on your 500M qvw, I think you need not worry about the performance  if you have 64GB qvs server.

3. High availibility: i think you need cluster qvs, several web server with load balance hardware, and one more server for ETL. Only way is buy more machine...

Forgive my poor english.

Not applicable
Author

If you have no nas, how could you distibute qvw from you publsher server?  I think you can share directory in qvs server.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ZZ,

Appreciated your quick responce on the same, just to clear here we dont have any publisher, we will be using folder mechanishm and section mechanish to hide the data.

Regards

Imran khan