Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damien_burns
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reload Dependancy Loop

Hi

I have a scheduled task to extract data from a database which fails with an error message "Unexpected End Of Data". The only fix for this seems to be to trigger the task from its own failure until it works. However on the QMC this now looks like this where the task seemingly expands forever.

Will this cause any other problems???

Annotation 2019-08-02 144329.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Damien,

Have you investigated the "Unexpected End of Data" error? Addressing this would allow you to not use the workaround that you've shown us here.  While I cannot see this specifically causing problems, it does clutter the QVPR with unnecessary tasks, dumps more log files into the log folder, and could, therefore, have an impact on performance. 

We have a large collection of articles dealing with "Unexpected End of Data" errors in QlikView, most of which are often tied to the data source itself. I'd recommend a look through the KB from https://support.qlik.com/. This specific search + a filter on the product QlikView should help you get started? 

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Damien,

Have you investigated the "Unexpected End of Data" error? Addressing this would allow you to not use the workaround that you've shown us here.  While I cannot see this specifically causing problems, it does clutter the QVPR with unnecessary tasks, dumps more log files into the log folder, and could, therefore, have an impact on performance. 

We have a large collection of articles dealing with "Unexpected End of Data" errors in QlikView, most of which are often tied to the data source itself. I'd recommend a look through the KB from https://support.qlik.com/. This specific search + a filter on the product QlikView should help you get started? 

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
damien_burns
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sonja

Thanks for this - I will have a look and see if I can find anything to fix the underlying problem

Many thanks

Damien

Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello Damien_burns,

Along with my colleagues suggestion, you can always utilize "Task Execution Options"  in the triggers section.  You can stipulate the number of retries and a timeout value.  But first things first, is to determine why the reload is failing. Have enabled the "Document" log?