Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload, Distribute and Reduce Data

Hi guys,

I am a newbie with Q.E.M.C as we recently just acquired it. I have no problems doing reloads and distributing them to the right directories.

My problem is that with every distribute, I end up getting multiple copies of my application and some of my applications are really big which uses a lot of disk space.

Is there a way to schedule a task that would reload and distribute my app to the right folders, but then reduce the data in the original application that was first reloaded so that it's data volume is very small?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

how about this, create two copies of you application with very little information, have one configured to be reloaded, reduced and distributed, then replace the reloaded one with the one with little info using an external task.

App_reduce.qvw

App.qvw

Reload, reduce and distribute App.qvw, then add another task, an external one, and do copy App_reduce.qvw App.qvw.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

how about this, create two copies of you application with very little information, have one configured to be reloaded, reduced and distributed, then replace the reloaded one with the one with little info using an external task.

App_reduce.qvw

App.qvw

Reload, reduce and distribute App.qvw, then add another task, an external one, and do copy App_reduce.qvw App.qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Excellent. Thank you