Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Task Failling

Hi,

I have access to SQL Server Database and i use Window Authentication to login.

Step1: I created a new .qvw file and created a connection string to SQL Server database with Windows authentication(No UserId and Password), Connection tested successful.

Step2: Wrote a SQL statement to get data from table and reloaded script. I got data and built some charts. Everything Looks fine.

Step3: Decided to move it into Qlikview server. Copied .qvw to SourceDocuments and created a task with reload option enabled.

Step4: When executing the task manually/schedule, its getting failed and showing the error Test Connection failed.

Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

On your development machine, the windows account you are logged on with has access to the SQL Server database.

On the server, the service account of theQlikView services is used to attempt access to the SQL Server database (still running with Windows security). Apparently, that account can't get in.

Generate a DocumentLog and it will show you the cause of this failure (Settings->Document Properties->General->Generate Log File)

Solution: In SQL Server, grant access to the target database to the service account.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is it an ODBC or OLE DB connection. Can you try creating the connection string again on the server machine in some dummy qvw and copy paste that into your actual application and re-run it through QMC. Do you have the needed SQL drivers on the server.

Colin-Albert

You need to give the service account running the QDS service permissions to access the SQL data, or add a SQL account and then change the data connection in the load script to use SQL authentication using that account instead of windows authentication.