Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markhayjoergens
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reload open application - what should one expect?

I'm getting contacted from people using applications at the same time they are getting reloaded and saved, who are experiencing that they get thrown off/loosing the connection when this is happening.

I'm having a hard time finding the documentation for what exactly is supposed to happen when the hourly reload in my case reloads and saves the application. Should this go without the user noticing anything, or what should I expect?

4 Replies
Not applicable

If you are constantly reloading I would expect people to be disconnected unless you are using the dynamic update feature, are you using allow only one document in memory? 

Remember when you reload and save the file you are infact deleting the existing file.. hence causing a momentary disconnection.

Enable dynamic update and you may be ok

markhayjoergens
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I need to set this both in the application and on the server, correct?

For the users to see the updated application do they need to close and open it again, or will this happen without them noticing when enabling dynamic update?

Not applicable

have a read of this, it may help

http://community.qlik.com/thread/20770

Not applicable

Hi Mark - In document properties go to Server tab &  check your settings for Refresh mode & Client Refresh initiation mode. Cheers.