Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload tasks fail in Publisher

When I set up the Qlikview services with my domain\username the services start fine and the reload tasks in Publisher run without a problem. When the services are set up with the local QVService user, the services run fine but the reload tasks fail. As near as I can determine the logs seem to say that the source document fails to open. Both my domain\username account and the QVService account belong to the Administrators group and the Qlikview Administrators group on the server so they should both have full control. I don't want to use my name for this since that's what the QVService account is for. The data source for the Qlikview reports is Oracle on a remote server where the Oracle user is another name so I would think that shouldn't be a factor.

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

you need to ask your sysadmins to provide necessary privileges to your local account.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Ashfaq -

What kind of privileges? If the QVService account is already a member of the local administrator group, what else is needed?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Usually in larger organizations they block lot of things.

Eg; I was administrator of my machine but I don't had privileges to run services.

Regards

ASHFAQ