Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sri99999
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reload time depends on QV SERVER RAM Size

Hi Folks,

I have one question, the qlikview document reload time depends on QV Server RAM Size?

I created the QVW and size of qvw is 220MB. The reload time for this application on my local desktop is 8 to 10 mins. But we moved this application to QV Server and reload time varies from 8 to 30 mins and some times it failes with ErrorCount=1.

Our QV Server RAM Size is 32GB and we have lot of applications on Server. Some times my QV server hanged also.

If we increase our RAM size, the reload problem and hanging problem will be solve or not?

Please provide your experience and provide any documents on these problems.

Thanks,

SRI

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're saying that QV Server is competing for resources on the server? Are you running other memory intensive applications on it, such as databases, other server software etc.?

You might want to take a look at the task manager while running the loads to see how much available RAM you have when running the reloads. The recommendation would be to host QVS and/or Publisher on dedicated machines.

sri99999
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. We didn't use any other softwares on QV server. We are running QEMC & Publisher only on QV server.

Please confirm me, the reload time depends on the RAM  or not?

Thanks,

Sri