Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload when DB ready (flag finished =ok)

Hi,

I have a DB thats fully reloaded every night. When the DB is correctly loaded i have and end-flag put in a table, sometimes the loading of the DB fails and then i dont want QV to load.

Can i somehow poll this end-flag in publisher and wait for it to become "end"?

BR

Daniel

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

This isn't quite what you're asking for, but at our company, we handle this with an EDX message from application that updates the database (or creates a flat file, or whatever).  I don't know all the details, only what I write in the IBM Mainframe JCL, and what I put on the QlikView Publisher side to respond to the EDX message.

This might be a bit less efficient, but you could kick off the Publisher task frequently during the night, and have it read in the end-flag.  If it isn't set, exit the script.  If it is set, do the load, and then... I guess update the database using a macro triggered OnPostReload?  Does that even work?  I thought I remembered that trigger not working in a server environment.

Not really my area of expertise, I guess.  Maybe it's a place to start.  Maybe not.  Hopefully someone with a more thorough understanding will come along.