Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload with Publisher 11.20 SR2 & SR3 is slower than desktop client

Hi guys,

I have a Publisher and a Enterprise webserver, and we have recently upgraded from Version 10 to Version 11.20 SR2.

But we found that loading in Publisher is 2 to 3 times slower than Desktop Client. Based on the log, we noticed the Publisher is taking more time in loading data from QVDs and also when distributing the QVWs. Example: abc.qvw is spending 13secs to reload with Desktop client, however it is spending 35 secs to reload in Publisher

Our Settings:

1) Our Source Documents and User Documents are located in the Publisher server

2) We have set the EnableParallelReload=0, which was recommended by QlikTech due to random job failures issues
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch\Settings.ini
3) We have disabled all the virus scan

What we have done in attempt solving this issue:

1) We have escalated the case to QlikTech

2) QlikTech advised us to upgrade to 11.20 SR3 and it should fix the issue. We tried SR3 but still the same issue

We have escalated the issue back to our distributor which is providing us first level support, and they have escalated the issue back to QlikTech. However their reply is so slow and we are under pressure by our business users to solve this ASAP.

Does anyone here has the same performance issue? Any comments or solutions are welcome....

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So it´s slower then version 10 Publisher?

If so, do you have a document log from version 10 to compare with 11.20 ? When reloaded with Publisher

That is doint the exact same load?

Not applicable
Author

We do not keep any log of Version 10.

Not applicable
Author

What about overall performance, can you run a perfmon to find out any resource issue

And from what I can read, you have already a case regarding this with support?

If not, please register a case regarding this.

Not applicable
Author

No problem with the overall performance, the PERFMON is always turned on and we've been monitoring the PERFMON.

The publisher is running on 12cores CPU, and we tested the performance by running one job at one time, so for sure there is nothing to do with the hardware or resource issue.

Yes, we had a webex with QlikTech last Friday to look into our logs and servers, but they still can't figure out the root cause of the issue. I have sent them the logs of SR2 and SR3, and also tested the server by turning off the EnableParallelReload as per instructed by QlikTech.

QlikTech had a call with our support yesterday, and suggested us to run the Governance Dashboard to collect more info.

Not applicable
Author

Is the published issue resolved in other releases. We are on SR2 and see the same issue, I have reload job that takes 16 min on QlikView desktop, and 44 min on publisher.  QlikTech as releases SR4 to SR7. Was these fixed in any SR release ?